Here's a fun way to enjoy an appetizing dessert without fear of wreaking havoc on your meal plan. Red, White, and Blue Parfaits. This scrumptious dessert makeover has all the taste that satisfies without all the sugar and extra calories as other desserts. They are simple to make and only require a few ingredients. I made these for our office gathering and they were a Hit! Also, the red, white, and blue theme was right in line with the 4th of July. All you need is granola, greek yogurt, and fruit. That's all. Simply right? This dessert is also packed with beneficial acidophilus to support digestion and promote a healthy gut. Chobani vanilla blended greek yogurt is my favorite. I used a healthier version of granola - Bear Naked. I also like Kind granola clusters. Either one is a good selection for this parfait. Top it off with fresh sliced strawberries and fresh blueberries and you're done! I made all of these in about 10 - 15 minutes including prepping the fruit.
Red, White, and Blue Parfaits
- 11 oz bag of Bear Naked Granola - Honey Almond
- 32 0z Chobani Vanilla Blended Yogurt
- 2 cups of fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 10-12 90z clear plastic cups
- Place 2 tablespoons of granola in the bottom of the cup.
- Add 2-3 heaping tablespoons of yogurt.
- Garnish with strawberries and blueberries.
- Chill for 15 minutes. Serve
Makes 10 - 12 desserts