Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! There’s nothing like starting your day than with some good ole’ protein. Of course you can get meatless protein in many ways such as from quinoa, chia pudding, yogurt, nuts & seeds or protein shakes. All of which are my favorites except the yogurt! Truth be told, dairy is not my friend. This dish is made with garden goodness using diced sweet peppers, red onions, and spinach.
For those who think they have to have cheese, let me tell you – I didn’t miss it at all, but it is an option for this dish. This quiche is quick to make so you won’t have to skip making this a breakfast option. It is ready to eat in about 30 minutes. I usually prepare this dish in the morning and have it baking while getting dressed. It fluffs up just right and the flavors from the vegetables make this dish mouth watering. I find that when I eat protein for breakfast as opposed to fruit, my hunger is sustained way longer making me skip my mid-morning snack. That means less calories on that day! Sweet!
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, coarsely diced
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, coarsely diced
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper, coarsely diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, coarsely diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Monterey-jack cheese (optional)
- Black Pepper & Salt
- Warm oven to 350 degrees
- Add coconut oil to an 8 in pie dish and place in oven until melted. Coat sides and bottom of pie dish.
- Place the spinach, peppers, and onion and place in the pie plate. Coat the vegetables with the coconut oil. Bake for 10 minutes until vegetables are lightly wilted.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, cheese (optional – I didn’t add cheese for this recipe) and seasoning.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables in pie dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until center is done.