Creating salads using a variety of colors can be very appealing to the eye and satisfying too. The rainbow of colors in this salad creates eye appeal and will get your taste buds churning. Salads are my “go to” foods when meal prepping because its quick and easy, and allows for unlimited creativity. I mix and match a variety of different vegetables and will sometime add fruit.
The dressing is perhaps the best part. Homemade dressing is far more robust than store bought. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes to mix up, contains healthy, real ingredients like olive oil, real garlic, and herbs, and stores well for weeks at a time. The fresh smell of garlic and parsley makes this a Win Win.
- Field greens
- 1 cup of mixed beans (kidney, edamame, chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup diced red and yellow peppers
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Red onions
- 1 boiled egg
- 3 Tbsp of crumbled bacon
Place all ingredients in a bowl. Then add the homemade Italian dressing.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon dried basil.
- 1 pinch oregano.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
Place all ingredients in salad bottles. Shake well until blended